Elk Creek Fish Bypass Channel
- Location: Newcastle, CO
- Owner/Designer: Trout Unlimited
- Cost: $131,813,95
- Completion: April 2018
This project consisted of:
- Unwatering and dewatering
- Concrete diversion dam modifications, including structural concrete cutting and poured-in-place concrete installation
- Bank stabilization
- Streambed alterations
- Placement of 12-oz. geotextile
- Placement of riprap and boulders
- Revegetation of streambanks
Construction of the fish bypass channel included excavation and harvesting of 480 CY of streambed material and placement of 764 tons of 2′-6′-diameter boulders.
The picture above shows KGCI creating a small cofferdam.