Innovation and Value.
Heavy Civil in Colorado and Utah
Site-work and utilities
UT License # 11965736-5501
Heavy Haul Trucking
Rockfall Mitigation and Drilling
“The key to our success is based on the diversity of our projects and people.”
— Bryan Kissner, President
No Project Too Big Or Too Small
The diversity of our projects — both commercial and civil — is a key to our success. Kissner G.C., Inc. has constructed and renovated privately and publicly funded facilities such as banks, schools, medical facilities, and town halls.
Heavy civil projects include environmental remediation and improvements of rivers and highways, installation of utilities, construction of well pads, in-stream fish ladders and passages, rearing ponds, reservoirs and recreational water sports parks.
We work on a limited number of jobs at a time to ensure that every project, big and small, is treated as our number one priority.
The construction and civil engineering community have taken notice of the company’s accomplishments…In addition to the versatile skills of his crews, Bryan encourages innovative thinking when it comes to attachments, problem solving and anything shop related.
Ridgway Reservoir Spillway Fish Screen
This project consisted of:
- Removal of 1,160 CY of existing 2′-8′ diameter riprap and boulders
- Processing and replacement of 800 CY of riprap
- Grading and compaction of existing subgrade
- Placement of 4′ thick cast-in-place concrete foundation
- Placement of (10) 14′ tall concrete buttresses
- Placement of 14′ tall concrete abutment
- Placement of (2) sloped 46′ long concrete dam walls
- Fabrication and installation of hot dipped galvanized columns, beams, and screen frames
- Fabrication and installation of steel powder-coated buoys, HDPE floating debris boom with chain-link skirting and stainless steel screens
Canyon Creek Culvert Fish Passage Retrofit
This project included:
- Removal of existing passage
- Casting and placement of 12″ concrete half spheres with #5 9″ rebar dowels installed during casting process
- Casting and placement of 117 18″ half spheres
- 24 precast 8′ long baffles
Delta Middle School Addition & Renovation
KGCI worked with the Delta County Joint School District as the CM/GC to build a 34,093 SF two-story addition to the existing 47,160 SF facility, including:
- Band and Choir rooms
We’ve Been Building For Over 20 Years
Value you can trust
- No litigation, arbitration or mediation on any project — ever
- No liquidated damages due to a schedule overrun
- No contractor initiated change orders in over 20 years
- Bondable to $25,000,000+ per single contract
- Bonding capacity of $35,000,000 in aggregate contracts
Let’s Build Something Together
To achieve the highest craftsmanship, we do not overload our project capacity. We are present and see each project to successful completion before moving on to the next project. This positively impacts our relationship with project owners, as a significant amount of our workload is contracted through repeat clients.
Safety First. Always.
Award-winning commitment to safety
KGCI has an award-winning safety record, including winning ENR Mountain States’ Safety Award in 2015.
No fatal or life-threatening injuries -- ever
Over $100 million of construction projects have been completed over 27 years without fatal or life-threatening injuries.
Many of KGCI’s projects are constructed adjacent to working public facilities and roadways. We’ve completed over 100 projects on Colorado’s western slope and the inter-mountain region without any members of the public sustaining injury.
Clean = Safe
PO Box 682, Cedaredge, CO 81413
10094 HWY 65, Austin, CO 81410
Fax: (970) 835-7911